Ladies On My Mind

A group of odes to the loves and affections of my past.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Nero, Lady

Nero, Lady.
Pele combs her hair.
How close is too close?

I know what you are.
I know where to stand.
I can't keep my mouth shut because you're awesome.

So kill me for being honest.
So I like playing with fire.
I want to know I'm really alive.

So they say, "To live is to die"
Or what is life if it's not worth dying for?
So I find purpose in standing under the swirling clouds and I let the ashes incinerate.

You;
What have I to offer?
Little old me at the foot of Kilauea.

Simple words and gesture.
A little food and wine to offer.
I am humbled.

Like Brigid, your hard work will be exquisite.
Like Lakshmi, you are devotion and honor.
You keep your family.

These simple words I offer to sustain you.
To make you smile.
I bow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home